Summer Vacation Safety Tips
Summer has finally settled in! Is it too hot? Humid? Need a change of scenery or have a family wedding to go to? Well, Complete Locksmith wants to ensure that you are taking the proper precautions to protecting your home and property while you’re away. Your residential locksmiths have come up with a simple guide to home safety tips while you’re away!
Home Safety Tips for Vacationers
- Be sure to lock all doors and windows. This includes second story windows, sliding doors, back doors, garage doors and sheds.
- Talk to your neighbors. Let them know that you will be out of town and perhaps ask them to check on your place or at least keep an eye on it, in case of suspicious activity. Also, asking them to pick up newspaper or mail is a good idea so that piles of such don’t make it obvious you’re out of town.
- Don’t hide spare keys! Especially in obvious places like under doormats, potted plants, etc.
- Put away all outdoor valuables like bikes, toys, lawn equipment, outdoor furniture (like chairs) inside garage or shed.
- Don’t announce travel plans on social media platforms saying you will be out of town for a period of time. This is the fastest and easiest way for burglars to target people.
Complete Locksmith can assist with questions or concerns!
Not sure if your home is properly secured or perhaps want to upgrade your home security? Don’t hesitate to call Complete Locksmith at (877) 291-5625! We have 24 hour locksmith teams that can assist with any locksmith services or questions you need! Your safety and security is our #1 priority!